Dr Cecil (Cec) Walters was the fourth person to receive life membership of the Police Association of NSW in 1953 for his outstanding contribution to the health and welfare of NSW police. In 1954 he became a Commander of the British Empire (CBE) for his services to medicine. Dr Walters started his career as a veterinary surgeon and served in mobile veterinary hospitals during World War 1. In 1923 he graduated in medicine and in 1924 began work at Prince Henry Hospital at Little Bay. In October 1936 he was appointed medical superintendent, a position he held until his retirement in December 1959. During his tenure Dr Walters was instrumental in having a ward set apart for police only. The Police Ward (No. 20) opened in 1946 and closed in 1978. At the 1960 annual conference the president, Lewis Griffiths, presented Dr Walters with a wallet inscribed with the words: “presented to Dr Walters by the Police Association of NSW in appreciation of his friendship and assistance to members of the police force, March 28, 1960”. He died on 19 July 1967.